Data Protection Policy
Simpleco.in stores information about the persons that use our platform. To be able to offer services, we must process some information about you.
- What information do we collect?
- What is the source of this information?
- What do we use this information for?
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
- When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
- How and when can you withdraw your consent?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- What if our Data Policy changes?
- Your right to access
- Are you using any third party services that may collect information?
What information do we collect?
- Your email address.
- A username of your choice that uniquely identifies your account.
- Optional profile information, like your timezone and preferences for receiving emails and other forms of contact.
- Cryptocurrency addresses you provide.
- Your IP address.
What is the source of this information?
- Your email address and username are collected when you register for our service, prior to using the platform.
- Profile information may optionally be provided by you when editing your account after registration.
- Your IP address is made available when you connect to any system on the internet. We only store this information when you attempt to log into an account.
- Cryptocurrency addresses are provided by yourself when you request a withdrawal of cryptocurrency.
What do we use this information for?
- Your email address is used to be able to reach out to you and to verify your account.
- Your username allows us to associate you with your account. It is what you use to log in on our platform.
- Your profile information is used to enrich your user experience and to allow us to contact you.
- Your cryptocurrency addresses are required in order to be able to send you the cryptocurrency you requested, and to possibly identify fraudulent wallet addresses.
- Your IP address is collected to detect unusual access to accounts and to identify abusive users.
- We may process personal information internally for statistical purposes (for example, to understand our userbase and demand for specific cryptocurrencies).
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
- Your email address and username are provided with your explicit consent when you register for the service. We must ask for this information to be able to offer service to you.
- Your profile information is optionally provided by you.
- While cryptocurrency addresses by themselves may not be personally identifiable information, any cryptocurrency address you submit is associated with your account. Our legal grounds for processing this information is that of consent (you willingly provided them) and of legitimate interest, so that we may block fraudulent wallet addresses and deter fraudulent witdrawals.
- Your IP address is collected as a legitimate interest in order to prevent fraudulent access to accounts and detect abuse, hacking attempts, and other unpleasantries.
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We do not share personally identifiable information with other organisations unless we are legally obligated to do so.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
If you wish to withdraw consent you may do so at any time by logging into your account and going to this page. By withdrawing your consent, your account will be closed and any personally identifiable information will be deleted. Transaction information you generated (cryptocurrency addresses and supporting information) will be dissociated from you as a result of the account closure, but the information itself is retained by our system on the basis of legitimate interest as described in the previous section. A closed account cannot be reinstated but if you change your mind you are invited to sign up for a new account.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You can always edit your profile to update your information. If you cannot edit it yourself (like your email address or username), please contact us so we can update it for you. Email addresses are only changed once we verify that you are in control of the email address you wish to change it to.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
You need to provide us with your email address, a username, and cryptocurrency addresses for us to be able to offer you services. Additional profile information is optional.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
We retain personal information for as long as you hold an account with us, or until legally required. Transaction information is kept in all instances, but will be dissociated from your account if you decide to close it.
What if our Data Policy changes?
We will notify you via email when this happens. If you do not agree with the data policy changes you can choose to close your account after which we will delete your information per the methods mentioned above.
Are you using any third party services that may collect information?
Yes, we use Google Analytics to understand our userbase and how our website is being used. Their data protection policies can be found on this page. If you want to opt-out of us using Google Analytics for your browser, visit our opt-out page. If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics completely, follow their instructions. To make sure our website is as fast and safe as possible, we use Cloudflare as a reverse proxy and for caching purposes. Cloudflare may identify individual clients behind a common IP address and apply security settings per client. The collected information does not correspond to a user ID and does not contain any personal data. Their data protection statements can be found on this page. Finally, our website is hosted by ALL-INKL. They store IP addresses and retain them for 30 days to be able to detect and block abuse.
(Last updated: 01-10-2018.)